PINK AESTHETIC | GOOD AESTHETIC & WHAT IS AESTHETIC DENTISTRY?
What is Pink Aesthetics? (Gum Aesthetics)
Is Gum Aesthetics Among The Treatment Methods?
In pink aesthetic applications, tooth length can be extended by gingivectomy (gum cutting) or gingivoplasty (gum shaping) procedures. In this way, the gummy smile (excess gum visibility) can be reduced or the asymmetries in the gums can be corrected.
If the gums are very red and swollen, detertrage (scaling cleaning) or curettage procedures are applied beforehand. Smile aesthetics can be applied to any person whose gum and tooth structure is suitable for this treatment, without age restrictions.
HOW LONG DOES GOOD AESTHETICS HEAL?
Although the pink aesthetic healing process is completed in an average of 10-14 days, this period varies according to the treatment protocol.
PERIODONTITIS & GINGIVAL RETRACTION
Periodontitis, also known as gingival recession or gum disease, is a very severe gum infection that damages the soft tissue around the teeth and, if left untreated, causes melting of the bone that supports the teeth of the patients.
What are the treatment methods for gum recession?
With initial periodontal treatments, prevention of disease progression, elimination of sensitivity and treatment of gingival infection can be performed. However, periodontal surgery (gum surgeries) can be performed in advanced gingival recessions.
What are the causes of gum recession?
- Periodontal problems are bacterial gum infections of the gum tissue and the bone holding the teeth. Gum disease is the main cause of gum recession.
- Wrong, hard and traumatic tooth brushing can cause gingival recession.
- Plaque and tartar formed as a result of inadequate oral care can cause gingival infections and gingival recession.
- Hormonal changes,
- Use of tobacco products,
- Crowded teeth or a misaligned set of teeth cause gingival recession as a result of excessive traumatic forces.
- Clenching and grinding (bruxism) is another reason for gum recession.
- The most effective method applied in gingival recession is to solve the problem that caused the recession, and gingival recession can be treated easily and very quickly with a regular effective brushing habit after tartar cleaning.
HOW SHOULD THE TEETH BE BRUSHED IN ORDER TO ENCOUNTER THE PROBLEM OF RETRACTION?
The teeth should be brushed with a medium hard or soft brush, without applying much pressure, from the gum to the tooth.
Apart from these options, electric brushes with soft brush feature can also be used.
WHAT SHOULD THOSE WITH SENSITIVITY CONSIDER?
Tooth sensitivity can have many causes. The most common problems we encounter are gum diseases and caries.
It is necessary to apply to a specialist dentist to solve the problem.
Bad breath is quite annoying. It affects the entire social and business life of the person.
The reason for having bad odor in the mouth can usually occur as a result of the person’s inability to fully provide oral hygiene or a systemic disease.
What can be done against bad breath?
- Gum diseases have to be treated.
- Oral hygiene has to be taken care of.
- Possible problematic prosthetic restorations that may cause odor has to be renewed.
- If dry mouth is accompanied by a complaint, treatment plans should be considered.
- It is recommended to quit habits such as the use of tobacco products that cause odor.
HOW IS DENTAL TREATMENT DONE WITH GENERAL ANESTHESIA AND SEDATION?
- In children with cooperation disorder,
- In patients with severe dental phobia,
- It is an anesthesia method used for successful completion of treatments in many surgical operations where local anesthesia will be insufficient in disabled patients who have difficulty in cooperation.
In this treatment method, which is performed by putting our patients to sleep in the hospital environment, the patients are put to sleep and the treatment is performed. All dental treatments can be performed by putting our patients to sleep under general anesthesia.